Monday, July 25, 2011

Tag Blanket (baby shower gift)

I recently made a tag blanket for a dear friend who is expecting a little boy in eight weeks.

I had fun making this blanket as I just love all the bright colours that I have chosen. Spotlight have a great range of flannel at the moment and I has been a while since I have been fabric shopping due to this little man:

Ahh I could sit and watch this little face all day.  Anyway back to the blanket, so here is what I came up with:

Supplies:

1 metre Blue and White Star Flannel
1 metre Rainbow stripped Flannel
1 metre of each colour of ribbon (orange, pink, red, yellow, green, purple and blue)

So first I cut the ribbon into 3 inch (orange, pink, red, yellow and blue) and 4 inch strips (green and purple).

Then I measured, marked and cut both pieces of flannel into a 34 x 34 inch square:


OK, next I pinned the ribbon on to the right side of one piece of flannel and then sewed them on as I thought this would make it easier to sew the whole thing together and not have to worry about the ribbon moving.  I ended up with 14 pieces of ribbon spaced out about every 2 - 2 1/2 inches apart:


 Now to pin and sew both piece's of flannel, right sides together, making sure to leave a gap to turn the blanket out the right way:




Once I had turned the blanket out the right way, I pinned and sewed around the edge of the blanket (i sewed about 3/8 of an inch from the edge):



And here is the finished blanket:



I also made a beanie and matching booties as well:



Might have to go back to Spotlight and get some more of this fabric and make one for my little man lol!!.

Happy Sewing

P.S was not happy with the booties, one looked bigger then the other so I am making them again.  They were probably fin but I wasn't happy with them lol



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. I want to make one of these for my SIL and my soon to be new nephew!!!
    ladeedacreations.com
    following you now

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I bet he will love the bright colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute tag blankie! I am sure it will be well loved! thanks for sharing this with us and we hope to see you again this week at the party. have a lovely weekend!


    hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete