Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bacon, Mushroom and Red Wine Risotto


I love risotto’s but I hate making them myself as they take for ever and after standing over the stove for around 25mins the consistency is never right.
So when I recently discovered that you can make risotto in your pressure cooker and it only takes 10 mins, well I have been sickening my family with it over the past 2 weeks.
I have made 3 different risottos, my favourite one so far being a bacon, mushroom and red wine risotto.  I found the recipe in the July issue of Burkes Backyard and  I just converted the recipe so that I could cook it in the pressure cooker.
Here’s how you do it:



Ingredient
  • 11/2 cup arborio rice
  • 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
  • 1 cup slice mushrooms
  • 2 rashers bacon diced
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 clove garlic crushed
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 1/2 parmesan shaved
  1. heat oil in pressure cooker and cook onion, mushroom, bacon and garlic for about 2 mins or until the onion looks clear.
  2. add rice and red wine and stir until the red wine has has been absorbed.
  3. now add the stock (make sure you use boiling water if using powdered stock).
  4. secure lid and bring cooker to high pressure, cook for 7 mins.
  5. remove from heat and remove lid once the pressure has all been released
  6. stir through parmesan cheese and serve
This can be served as 2 main meals or 4 side dishes.  If you have a bit of liquid still in the pot, just let it stand for about 5 mins to absorb.
MMmmm I can taste it now yummy.
Happy Cooking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment