Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What’s on the Menu

 

I found a box of cereal hiding in the back of my pantry the other day and as the girl’s already had 2 other boxes of cereal on the go I thought I would use it to make some biscuits.

Back when I was working I use to make a muesli slice with a recipe a lovely work colleague had shared with me. It was called a 1 Cup Health Slice as you used one cup of each ingredient.

Here is the original ingredients:

  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • 1 cup raw sugar
  • 1 cup sultanas
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 cup natural yoghurt
  • 1 cup diced apricots

And all you do is mix it all together in a large bowl, then transfer it to a rectangle slice tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins at 180C.  Then when its cooked you just cut it into squares, wrap and pop it in your lunch for morning or afternoon tea.

DSC05876

For the biscuits, the cereal I used was very similar to Kellogg's Just Right, so I just replaced the sultanas and apricots for 2 cups of cereal.  I also did not have any raw sugar so I used half cup sugar.

Then just place a spoonful of the mixture on to the tray and place it in the oven for about 20 mins or until golden brown.

DSC05877

So what do you think girls?

DSC05878               DSC05879 

I think they really liked them!!!

 

Happy Cooking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment