Friday, February 17, 2012

I found it at the library

I thought I was going to have to wait for this book for a while but no only after a week of waiting I got the email to let me know that it was waiting for me at my local library.
What am I talking about, ‘You Sew, Girl!’ by Nicole Mallalieu is what I’m talking about and I just love this book.  Not only is this a great book but the author is an Aussie oi oi oi!!!!!

DSC06367

This book has some great projects for you to tackle, from belts, hats and pouches to dresses, cowl tops and skirts.
DSC06373

The book has two sections, the first is about Skills and the 2nd is the projects.  The first part, Skills, is not only about the equipment and gadgets to use but also about patterns, paper to cardboard, making multi-size patterns, drawing a full pattern from a half and transferring the pattern markings.

DSC06370
DSC06374

It also goes into well illustrated detail of the techniques you will need, eg making bias binding, sewing even allowances, buttons, zippers.

DSC06371

And the best bit of all is that the patterns are on A3 sheets which as you already know I just love. 

DSC06372

I highly recommend you get your hands on a copy of this lovely book and even added to your book must have list, I know I have.

Happy Reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment