Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In the garden!!

 

I love being in the garden.  My hubby and feel very lucky to be able to raise our kids on 2 acres.  They have the freedom to run around and have great adventures.

The other great thing about having a big backyard is that I have an endless supply of goodies for my compost.

DSC07690

I have just started a second compost bin as we have nearly used the other one all up. Just needs some sides to be added now.

DSC07691

I like to go around after hubby has been on the ride on and rake up all the dense patches that the mower has left. 

DSC07692

DSC07693

 

We use the compost in all our planting as unfortunately where we are we have a lot of clay in the ground.

Things I like to put in my compost are:

  • grass clippings
  • veggie scraps
  • newspaper
  • cardboard (nothing that has a waxy print on it)
  • egg cartons
  • a handful of manure every now and then
  • oh and water if it is getting dry

Things I don’t put in are:

  • citrus
  • anything with seeds
  • onions
  • garlic
  • chilli

Do you have a compost heap?

Happy Gardening!!!

PS  I have a few custom orders at the moment so the Wednesday tutorial will be on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment