Apple and Sour Cream Cake
I have never been one for cooking sweets till I met my husband. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind a sweet every now and then but I would love a savoury goodie over a sweet any day.
But with hubby and the kids wanting dessert after dinner especially in this cold weather I thought I would try a great recipe the lovely lady shared with us at the Chef Toolbox Party I recently attended.
It’s an easy recipe to follow and all done in one pan. I made it in my Chef Toolbox Sauté Pan and cooked it on my stove top.
MMMmmm its delicious and not too sweet which is perfect for me. Oh and a bit of ice cream and custard goes well with it too. Just as my girl’s lol.
Anyway here is the recipe, enjoy!
APPLE & SOUR CREAM CAKE
Preparation: 10 mins Cooking: 25 mins
340g Self Raising Flour
200g Castor Sugar
2 eggs, beaten
250g tub sour cream
1 cup desiccated coconut,
60gm butter – melted
425g tin pie apples
· Melt butter in Saute Pan, cool, then add beaten egg, sour cream, coconut, castor sugar and flour.
· Mix well then add apples and gently blend into cake mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
· Cook with lid on, vent open medium heat till lid is warm (5mins?) then turn to LOW and open vents.
· Cook for approximately 25 minutes. When top is firm to touch, cake is cooked.
· Delicious hot or cold served with cream or custard.