Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tim Tam Slice

After making some Tim Tam Cakepop's for hubby and the kid's I got to thinking about good old slices.

I didn't have any lollipop sticks

What if you where to make to lots of different Tim Tam mixture and layer it on top of each other then add a bit of melted chocolate on top to make it a slice. Hmmmmmm..

So I had to try it!

should remember to take a picture before it all gets eaten!!!
What you need:

1 x packet of chocolate Tim Tam's
1 x packet of white choc Tim Tam's
16og cream cheese softened
chocolate buttons for the topping

So what I did first was to place the choc Tim Tam's in the food processor with 80g (3 tbsp) of cream cheese and processed till well mixed:





What mixture looks like when it comes together

Now for the dish I used a small rectangle sandwich plate and placed some baking paper on top.  Then I spread out the mixture so that it was even all over:




Now to do the same again for the white Tim Tam's using the other 80g (3 tbsp) of cream cheese but first put the bottom of the slice in the fridge to give it a change to harden:


Spread the white Tim Tam mixture over the top of the base:


Place in the fridge while you melt your chocolate.  Sorry I didn't measure how much I used but I have a 375g bag of choc buttons that was already opened and used half so I think it was about 150g.



I melted my chocolate in the microwave at 25 sec intervals as to not burn the chocolate, but you can place it over a pot of boiling water.

Now just to spread the melted chocolate over the top and place it back in the fridge to harden, then cut and serve:

It is very yummy!!

Hubby has requested a choc mint version.  He just loves mint slice so I will have to have a good luck at the mint biscuits next week!  Will let you know how it goes!

Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm visiting from Creative Girl's Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower. This project looks delicious! Will definitely add it to my recipe list. Would love if you would follow me back! =)

    http://sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete