Monday, July 16, 2012

What’s on the Menu

 

Cranberry & White Chocolate Sugar Cookies

Over the school holidays my niece came over for a couple of days and when my sister picked her up she brought with her some really yummy Cranberry & White Chocolate cookies. 

OH MY GOODNESS they are delicious and I just can’t get enough of them.  I don’t have a real sweet tooth but when I have some chocolate I just have to have white chocolate.

The next time I was at the shops I had to get me some of these yummy morsels.  But alas they didn’t have any on the shelf so the kids and I decided to make our own.

Cranberrry and White choc bic

Here is the recipe I used.  It’s your basic sugar cookie recipe and I just added half a cup of cranberries and white choc bits.

Cookie tin is empty, think it’s time to make some more, here is the recipe for you to make your own.  Enjoy!!!!

Cranberry & White Choc Sugar Cookies

  • 345 g all-purpose flour
  • 5 g baking soda
  • 2 g baking powder
  • 225 g butter, softened
  • 300 g white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 5 ml vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup white choc bits
  • 1/2 cup cranberries
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cranberries and white choc bits. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonful's of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

Sugar Cookie recipe taken from allrecipes.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment