Thursday, December 19, 2013

Rum Balls

 

Rumballs 

I don’t think there has ever been a Christmas where rum balls didn’t show up at a least once at a Christmas party, morning tea or afternoon tea and I have never made them before either. 

Its not that I don’t like them it’s just that I don’t have much of a sweet tooth and there is the fact that baking and making sweets scares me.  Yep it does and I don’t know why.

So once again I hit the boards of Pinterest and a few of my  cook books and found a easy recipe that uses weetbix.  Yep breakfast cereal so that should mean that they aren’t all that bad for you right.

What you need to make these yummy little morsels:

2 1/2 cups of weetbix crushed (now you want to crush them so the crumbs are about the size of rice bubbles you don’t want to turn them into powder so down use a food processor)

395g sweetened condensed milk

3 tbsp rum (I only put in 2)

1 cup of desiccated coconut

Very simple to do, in a big bowl place the weetbix, condensed milk, rum and 1/2 a cup of the desiccated coconut together and mix really well.  If you think the mixture is too wet add one more weetbix.  I think all up I just about 7 of them.

Cape Trip 407

Spoon some mixture into your hands and roll into a ball.  If you wet your hands with water first they roll better. Place the rest of the coconut onto a plate and roll the rum ball in it to coat them place in a container.

And that’s it nice and easy.  These are best eaten the next day.  Christmas cake recipe tomorrow and yep it’s another easy one!

Enjoy

Jennifer xx

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment