Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby Shoe's

Don't you just love baby shoe's. There are some really cute ones out there but I wondered how hard it would be to make them myself.

So of course I googled it, and I found this lovely tutorial by I just had to try this..., which has step by step instructions with pictures and a link to the pattern that you can print.

I was able to make these shoes with one rectangle of felt that you buy at any fabric/craft or discount store.  I also used some spare material to make the bottom of the shoe non slip.

Here is the the pattern already to be cut

and here is the finished product!

Sorry I thought I had taken more photo's but can't seem to find them.  I made a second pair of shoes for a special little girl called Amelia who sadly passed away a few weeks ago.


Amelia Grace McGowan was born on 14th August 2010 and left us on 21st November 2010. After losing their daughter Linda and John were presented with a beautiful silver locket from the Logan Hospital, so Linda has started a Facebook page in her daughters name called Amelia's Locket's so that people can donate lockets to other families who have lost a child to SIDS, stillbirth or other causes.

Please take a look at  Amelia's Locket's on Facebook and have fun making shoes for your friends babies or even your own.

Happy Sewing

Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment