Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pancakes

My girl's just love pancakes and I found a basic pancake recipe on the net and cannot remember where I found it so I apologise to the person/website for not giving them credit.

The pancakes always turn out thick and fluffy and if you use a tablespoon of batter for each pancake it should make around 20.

So here it is:

2 cups flour (sifted)
1 3/4 cup of milk
2 tbsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter (you don't have to included but helps with the non sticking)
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Just sift flour and add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.


And here they are, don't they look yummy!

I love Nigella Lawson and they are currently re-running her Nigella Express series on ABC1.  On yesterdays episode Nigella made Donut French Toast which looks very sweet and very yummy, but it was the sauce she made that really grabbed my attention. It was a strawberry jelly I thought would be great on my pancakes.
 
If you haven't seen the episode here it is:



Happy Cooking

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment