Monday, August 22, 2011

Link Party Likes #11

 

Last week I finally managed to get in front of the sewing machine.  It was so great to finally make something again.  I had a lovely lady ask for a bib and burp set made these lovely owl prints:

18082011233

18082011234

It was also my birthday on Friday and my wonderful husband bought the Simplicity Bias Tape Machine that I have been wanting for ages:

19082011235[1]

So I had to go to my local spotlight and stock up on all of this:

20082011243[1]

I also had the pleasure of testing a pattern for Sumo Sweet Stuff.  Just loved making these dresses for my girl’s.  Very easy to follow instructions so keep an eye out for this one:

DSC05124DSC05126

I’m also part of a charity drive for Dress a Girl Around the World so will post some pictures of the dresses when they are finished.  It’s a great cause and if you love sewing why not take part.

But for now here are a few things I found and loved on the Link Up Party’s last week:

Sew much ado has shared this maxi dress tutorial.  Going to give this one a go as I would like to make a few dresses for myself this summer:

Katie J. Gibson show’s how to make a nursing blanket:

Etcetorize made her own version of a victoria secret dress:

Simple Sewing project, DIY Summer Dress, Victoria's Secret Dress, Tube Dress, Summer Dress, DIY Dress

Everyday Art, again love what Emily comes up with:

 

Got to love the owl craze that is going on at the moment. Here is another take on the owl craze by Off My Hook:

Love this 3 Stitch Summer Dress over at A Law Students Journey:

 

And last but not lest, why not refashion your old t-shirts into something new just like over at Just Down the Hall has:

I’m off to sit in front of my sewing machine.  Happy Sewing!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the feature and for visiting Etcetorize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer- thanks for featuring my dress! I love what you've been working on and can't wait to see what you make with all those ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo a bias tape maker, you lucky duck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including me! I wish, wish, wish I could sew. I've been trying since elementary school to no avail. :-( But I still love to look and dream.

    ReplyDelete