Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What's on the Menu!

 

Little while ago the kids had asked if they could have something for dessert but I was at a loss as to what to give them.  Hubby and I don’t really have a sweet tooth and I don’t keep anything other then ice cream in the freezer.

After looking in the cupboard and in the fridge I got this bright idea to use some left over custard in the fridge, the day old bread on the counter and an Easter egg that I found in the cupboard to make a bread and butter pudding.

DSC07947 2

Now I have never tried bread and butter pudding nor have I ever made it before and thought it can’t be that hard.

So I just sliced the rest of the loaf, cut it into pieces and layered it in an oven proof dish.  I broke the Easter egg into small pieces and sprinkled it over and between the bread slices and then poured the custard over the top.

DSC07948 2

Popped it into the oven that was preheated at 160 degrees and baked it for about 25-30mins.

DSC07949 2

And  the end result, yummy.  Definitely will be making this again.

Happy Baking!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment