I have been so caught up with finishing off my items for the fabric challenge over at Little Starfish Fabrics that I nearly forgot to make this beanie to share with you.
I love trying to use fabrics with my crochet designs and this is something I have had in the back of my mine for a little while.
The size of the beanie is for a 6-12 month old and I used a basic beanie pattern. I will share links to some great patterns for beanies and the heart at the bottom of this post. But here is what I have done:
First of all I was planning on using 3 different layers of fabric hearts to make this embellishment but decided on only using 1 fabric along with a crochet flower.
Using PicMonkey I created a template using the hearts overlay options and created 3 different size hearts. I only used the middle sized heart.
- Using the template I traced the heart onto some Bondaweb/vilene (bonding adhesive) and cut the heart out. Placing the template on the wrong side of the fabric, I ironed the adhesive on and let cool for about 15mins.
- After this has cooled down, I removed the backing and placed the heart with the right side of the fabric facing out onto some white felt and ironed.
- Then after this cooled down I sewed around the heart.
- Back view of the heart.
- Now with all 3 hearts I secured all 3 hearts with the button.
I have not yet decided if I want to leave the matching booties they way they are or to sew some fabric onto the bottom of them or to just add some coordinating buttons.
What do you think?
Oh and here are some great tutorials that you can use to crochet a beanie yourself along with a heart.
- Crochet Baby Beanie Video Tutorial and pattern – Crochet Hooks You
- K2 Buttercup Baby – on Raverlry
- Baby Beanie – Crochet n More
- Crochet Heart – FiberFlux
- Crochet Heart – Pink Flubby Warrior
- Tiny Crochet Hearts – The Party Artisan
Hope you have fun creating your own little beanie. Would love for you to share your pics over on my Facebook page.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!
PS. to find out where this beanie will be available to purchase, please head on over to Bits & Bobs 4 Bubs Blog!