Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Big Nighty to Little Nighty

I have been a bit preoccupied with other projects so I haven't really done anything to post about so I quickly whipped up this nighty for Gracie this morning.

As per my previous upcycle I had also picked up a few nighty's at the markets that I thought I would upcycle to pj's for my girls.

Grace picked this pink one:

First I found one of Grace's old nighty's that she loves and turned both nighty's inside out and folded them in half:


Then using a marker I traced around the night and cut it out.  Now to just pin both sides and sew:


Pin and sew the hem at the bottom of the nighty:


For the sleeves, I lay both nighty's on top of one another and traced around the sleeve and cut:



Sew across bottom of the sleeves, pin and sew to nighty:


Ta Da!!!! and here is my cheekie little model once again!!!



I have another nighty that is alot thinner and I'm thinking of making them into a night shirt and matching shorts.

Stay tuned and Happy Sewing!!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. very cute and your model is adorable. thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Your little cutie seems pleased! I hope you stop by the Tuesday To Do party and share it!

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-to-do-5-and-4-list-makers.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate throwing out things without repurposing first? the nightie turned out pretty! will be featuring tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wish I could sew better! Saw you over at To Sew With Love.
    Michael
    bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete