Saturday, August 20, 2011

Found it at the Library

I don’t know many ladies out there who don’t love buying bags just as much as they love buying shoes.

And if you love sewing and Amy Butler fabric then why not check this book out.  Lisa Lam has provided the complete guide to sewing your own bags in her book The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags.  Wow there are some lovely bags in here to make and the fabric, well who doesn’t love Amy Butler fabrics.

The book contains step by step illustrations on how to make each handbag.  It has 8 great sections comprising of getting started, choosing fabrics, structure and reinforcement, linings, closures, handles and straps, pockets and edgings and trimmings.  That’s right it has everything covered.
Here is a taste of what you can make:


DSC04005
DSC04006
DSC04007
DSC04008
DSC04009


What are you waiting for, head on out to the library. 

Happy Reading!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is an inCREDible book! Classic Lisa! When I'm "winging it" for one of my bags I keep this by my side just to reassure myself that I'm on the right track. I can't WAIT for her next book to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the review. I just used your link to get that and a few more fun books from Amazon. Amazon should thank you as well;-}

    ReplyDelete