Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In the garden – Marjoram

 

One of my favourite herbs to cook with is the lovely Marjoram which is from the mint family and has a mild, sweet oregano like flavour.

I haven’t had much luck growing this lovely herb and the have bought quite a few pots form the local markets but can’t seem to keep it alive.

So I thought I might try it in a hanging pot on the back veranda as a last resort otherwise I’m giving up and resorting to the dry, ground variety.

I picked up 2 lovely hanging pots from Ikea and had planed to grow mint in one of them as well as it doesn’t like the heat of the sun.

20130220_105640

The pots don’t have holes in the bottom so to stop the plants getting wet feet (roots) as they say I placed a handful of small stones in the bottom.

20130220_103703

Well I’m happy to say that the plant is loving it’s new home and thriving.  I love to mix a little of this delicious herb through my scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Do you have a favourite herb and what is your favourite thing to cook it with?

Jennifer xx

 

1 comment:

  1. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site. Gumbo File Powder

    ReplyDelete