Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In the garden

 

Wow are the days getting really hot here in Queensland.  Everyday I wait for the usual 3pm storms we usually have this time of year but as yet we haven’t had one which means when id does hit it’s going to be a big one.

DSC05805

I have been watering some of the pot plants first thing in the morning to help them cope through the day.

DSC05924

We have 3 water tanks and no connection to the main water supply where we live so we rely on the rain.  I think we have only had 3 truck loads of water delivered over the 8 years we have lived here, so we have been pretty lucky.

So with this heat I have not really been in our veggie garden as much as I have liked much to my hubby’s disappointment.  He just loves home grown veggies.

DSC05825

As I mentioned in a previous post I am going to try and keep our veggie garden as organic as possible.  I am planning on only using our compost, worm farm and good old chook manure in the garden beds.

DSC05826

Have you got a veggie garden in your backyard?  Would love for you to share any great tips you have.

Happy Gardening!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for the storms too! I think you're right... we'll be in for a cracker of a storm soon! Atleast it's a tad cooler today after the rain during the night. (Well it's cooler here anyway... I'm on the beachfront!)

    ReplyDelete